Born in 86, and performing live from the age of 16; Matt is primarily a vocalist but also plays guitar, bass, drums, piano & harmonica. He is also endorsed by Vintage Guitars and Vocalzone.
Matt currently fronts A Foreigner’s Journey (www.aforeignersjourney.com), Fahran (www.fahran.com), The Matt Black Band & performs solo acoustic shows. He also promotes & runs other events such as Redemption Festival (www.facebook.com/redemptionfestivaluk) via Target 86 Media and he is the co-owner of True Redemption Clothing & Accessories https://www.facebook.com/TrueRedemptionUK
Previous bands/projects include Stagefright, Invisible Idols, Serpentine and Oskura (featuring Zal Cleminson).
Matt has toured relentlessly all over the UK & appeared at events in Rhodes, Spain & Germany from small crowds in excess of thousands of people.
Festival appearances include Firefest (UK), Rhodes Rock (Greece), Hard Rock Hell (UK), Stormin’ The Castle (UK), H.E.A.T Festival (Germany), Rockfest (Spain) to name a few.
Matt’s original music with Fahran has been aired on the likes of Planet Rock Radio, Kerrang Radio & many other staions around the world. The band’s music videos have also been played on Scuzz TV on Sky.
Matt is the original vocalist of A Foreigner’s Journey (formed in 2008), and left for a short while in October 2009 to tour with various projects then returned to the band in August 2012.
Equipment used by Matt for vocals includes a Sennheiser XSw 65 Wireless Microphone Setup, Shure PSM200 Wireless In Ear Monitoring System accompanied by ACS T2 (Dual Driver) Custom Molded In-Ear Monitors.
Equipment used by Matt for guitar consists of 2 Alternate guitar rigs:
RIG 1 – Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 Head, Marshall 4×12 1960A Cab, Jim Dunlop Wah.
RIG 2 – Marshall JMP1, Matrix GT800FX, Rocktron Intellifex, FCB1010 Midi Controller, Matrix NL212 shell loaded with Celestion 70/80s.
Tokai Les Paul loaded with Seymour Duncan Humbuckers
Vintage AV6 Strat body with Trev Wilkson Pickups & Hardware.
Ibanez RG320FM loaded with Sustainiac pickup.
Freshman Apollo DC Acoustic.
Comments & Reviews
- If you are looking for dedication and professionalism Matt Black is your man. He’s a good song writer as proven with his work. He’s sung for me live and demoed songs for me at the drop of hat and if there’s one guy in this town who deserves to get on then it’s Matt – Dez Bailey, Bailey Brothers
- Extraordinary undiscovered talent – great technique, individual sound, really got what it takes! – Chris Childs, Thunder
- English singer Matt Black has a strong and soulful voice with a wide range. Impressive new talent! – Axel, Rock N Growl Promotion.
- I caught Matt Black when he was fronting Serpentine, and not only is he a great singer but a hugely entertaining frontman as well. – Bruce Mee, Fireworks Magazine.
- I have seen Matt in both his original and tribute acts, always outstanding, and just happens to be a nice bloke too. No lead singer disease with Matt. – Ace Finchum, Tigertailz